Re: nice troll (was: All this resource-fork AKA multiple stream nonsense)

Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 22:34:18 +0200

--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 08:59:48AM +1000, Nathan Hand wrote:
> I think this is a fabricated reason to put the functionality into the
> kernel. GUI users *don't* use the command line. People who do use the
> command line will understand the implications and will move the whole
> directory (using tar, or recursive copy).

So your GUI apps will have to do everything for you, cause they can't call
command-line tools to do the job.
You know what Un*x philosophy is about?
I'll tell you: Having a lot of small, clean, flexible tools, which you can
combine to get what you want, either on the command line or by a GUI using
them.
So what you ask for is this 1GB Mega Office app doing everything in one
place. You want to reinvent W*n and its style of apps and have these on
Un*x. Forget it!

--=20
Kurt Garloff <garloff@suse.de> SuSE GmbH, N=FCrnberg, FRG
Linux kernel development; SCSI driver: DC390 (tmscsim/AM53C974)

--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc

--pvezYHf7grwyp3Bc--