Re: Raid 1 on 2.2.10 under RH6.0

Mike Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 08:19:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Enéas Ulir de Queiroz wrote:

> By the way, the latest kernel for which it works is 2.2.7. From 2.2.8 on
> the array will not sync. I think it is something related to the
> scheduling changes in 2.2.8.

After very much fruitless tinkering, all I can come up with is changing
SCHED_OTHER to SCHED_FIFO in md.c <cough> fixes it. I've not found why.(daze and dazes of searching), but don't
(The answer will no doubt be included in the next raid patch.) With the
bandaid in place, all work fine from 2.2.8 through 2.3.6, and raid-0/1
work fine in 2.3.10-5.

-Mike