Re: PROBLEM: Avoiding filesystem caching...

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:27:49 +0100

On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 02:19:18PM +0400, Grigory Lyahovitsky wrote:

> I have written kernel module, which enables map disk image as device...
> i.e. I can do
>
> dd if=/dev/hda5 of=imghda5
>
> then I can map imghda5 as /dev/dg1 (for example) this device can be
> mounted using usual mount utility.

You mean you've rewritten the loopback block device driver? :)

--
    "But we're a university.  We /have/ to have a library!..."said Ridcully,
         "What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"