Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #4144

cd_smith@ou.edu
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:46:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Jamie Lokier wrote:
> Quite a few programs open /proc/self/mem or /proc/self/exe or
> /proc/self/fd/N on the assumption that these things work...
>
> So maybe /proc/self should refer to the current thread in your scheme?

Yeah, that's fine. Should I add something like /proc/this to point to
the current process then? I don't see immediate uses, but perhaps later
this will be handy.

Anyway, I'm concentrating first on getting signals to work properly...
I'll do the /proc stuff later - I'm only making the change so that it
doesn't screw stuff up to use CLONE_PID.

Chris Smith <cd_smith@ou.edu>