Re: The be-all and end-all of LWPs and threads and all that

Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 16:02:28 +0400 (MSD)

In <Pine.LNX.3.96.990716161233.2982A-100000@walker1-46.reshall.ou.edu> cd_smith@ou.edu (cd_smith@ou.edu) wrote:
> Hey,

> Okay, it's about time we stop overloading linux-kernel with this stuff.
> I'm still working on my patch, we're still thinking about how to do this,
> and all that. I think Larry and I agree that there's no point in swamping
> linux-kernel any longer... anyone who's actually interested, talk to one
> or the other of us, and I'll post my patch when I get it done (assuming
> this thread dies down so that I actually have time to finish it :)

> My sincere apologies go out to everyone who just doesn't care and has
> spent the last few days wishing we'd just go away.

I hope to see TWO patches as the end result: for linux kernel (fairly small)
and for GLibC 2.1.x (fairly big). So it'll be really clear that your addition
to linux-kernel worth it and can be used as basis for good (and fast!
with 3usecs or so thread creation in LinuxThreads :-) emulation of POSIX
threads... Otherwise chance is high that some subtle problem with POSIX
threads emulation will not be adressed :-/