Re: ac/trond's NFS client + lockd problems

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 10:15:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > I agree. In terms of features V2 seems complete anyway. I'm using
> > 2.2.11pre with the patches from knfsd 1.4.4, with lockd and statd
> > running on 3 machines, and all the problems i used to have with older
> > linux kernels are gone. Eg pine not recognizing which folders had new
> > messages, windowmaker not recognizing config files had changed, etc.
> >
> > Havn't had any stability problems either. (touch wood).
> >
> > It all works beautifully now. (and i don't have to use noac!)
>
> Start a large find and then reboot the server. The dcache stuff has to be
> fixed yet. Thats the messy one.

Hmm. You don't even need to do a 'find'. When my server goes down, the
client becomes completely hosed. I can't login, run a bloody thing, nor
perform a normal shutdown. All it does is periodically scroll messages
about "..Can't get a request slot.." on the console until terminated and
rebooted via sysreq.

The server is mounted as "hard, intr", but damned if I can actually
interrupt the failed RPC call.