Re: what libc+compiler is in use for development?

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 20:31:50 +0100

On Sun, Jul 18, 1999 at 01:15:49PM -0400, Horst von Brand wrote:

> > Specifically, there's a nasty warning for IDEDMA_NEW_DRIVE_LISTINGS in
> > Configure.help about using egcs; I haven't risked it :)
>
> This option is prominently marked EXPERIMENTAL, and no data except that
> "some egcs versions miscompile this" are given... not very useful as a bug
> report for the compiler, in my book.

I know.. Though I have a feeling that Andre may have mentioned details on the
list, I'm not sure.

> gcc-2.95 is around the corner, its prereleases generate _much_ better code
> than gcc-2.7.2.

I was under the impression that Linus has disputed the code generation thing,
but compilers are certainly not my domain so I won't comment. It'll just be
nice to have a working C compiler and a working C++ compiler in the same
package..

--
Mommy, where were you when Demon sold out its customers to cover its ass?