Re: Problem with new kernel and bootup,,,, PLEASE HELP

bluexiao (cbug@k-elektronik.org)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:42:18 +0800 (BORT)

On 17 Jul 1999, Alejandro Montiel wrote:

> I installed SuSE Linux 6.1 with kernel 2.2.7 in my system a couple of weeks
> ago. I had Windows 98 and Linux together. Everything was OK. Then I decided to
> reformat and repartition my drive to install the BeOS. After repartitioning,
> everything installed OK, but when I tried to compile my own kernel, I got the
> following error message when booting up:
>
> request_module[block-major-3]: Root fs not mounted
> VFS: Cannot open root device 03:04

I think your LILO was tried to mount the wrong partition (the Win95
partition instead of linux root partition), use Loadlin to load your
root partition then try install LILO again.

cbug
[http://www.k-elektronik.org]