Re: some AmigaOS/UNIX comparison points, from faulty memory

Denis Bucher (dbucher@horus.ch)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:14:24 +0200

Rick Hohensee a écrit :

Hello !

> The Amiga lacked text-mode hardware. This is a lack.

You have the shell, which is text-mode.

> The "snip" program, similar to "selection" or gpm, had to
> do a sort of "digital font recognition".

No, this is a kludge that enables to copy even from GUI program that
doesn't support it...

> The IFF file format was developed on the Amiga, IIRC.

Yes.

> Idono, but I think IFF is basically an un-bounded data description language.

You have IFF pictures, sounds, configfiles, animations, and any program may
save it's data in it's own IFF file...

> I see one general categorization of Linux users. There's the net.gods,
> i.e. the classico UNIXers, which the core developers mostly are, and the
> orphaned Amigans. I, obviously, am the latter. So why don't I get an
> Amiga?

And the dispointed Windows users...

I am understand with all the ret of your message, though...

Denis

--

Denis Bucher, / info@horus.ch Tél. +41-22-8000625 \ Internet Horus Networks / horus-networks.com Fax: +41-22-8000622 \ Services / http://www.horus.ch US Fax: (508) 437-1261 \ Provider