Re: bridging and IP-filtering

Chris Osicki (osk@gd2.swissptt.ch)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 19:37:59 +0200

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Chris Osicki wrote:

>Hi,
>
> I applied the kernel patches from http://ac2i.tzo.com/bridge_filter/
> to 2.2.10 kernel source to enable IP filtering when bridging.
> It works very well with ACCEPT and DENY. In an attempt to make it
> also work with REJECT (send back a dest unreachable ICMP message)
> I added few lines to handle this case, no success yet.
> The following is the excerpt from the patched net/core/dev.c:

[snip]

Following my own posting.
An idea have just come to my mind.
I could modify the data in the received frame an pass it to bridge code.
By modifying data I mean change the incomming Ethernet interface,
IP-addresses, (MAC addresses?), message type etc. Have to check the
sk_buff struct. This way the br_receive_frame() would do the job, no
need to go to IP-level code.

Any networking wizard having few spare minutes to comment on this one?

Any hints, comments etc. are wellcome.

Regards,
Chris