Re: FS corruption... some help maybe??

eokerson@quicknet.net
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:31:19 -0700

<37951911.4859b8-@feist.com> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-kernel/?start=120211
> Cris Wade wrote:
> > It is not uncommon to see
> > uptimes well in excess of 70 days. I have heard of Linux 1.2.x
> > systems staying up for longer then a year ( and by this time, this
> > might include 2.0.x systems also)
>
> There are many 2.0.x system known to have run over a year before
> reboot. We had a high-use 2.0.36 system run for over 6-months till
the
> power failed for longer than our UPS had reserves. Unfortunately
2.2.x
> still has a ways to go before we see numbers like that- but we still
> have hope.
>
> ron

I have one 2.0.36 machine that made it to 497 days before locking up.
This is a high use web/mail/dns server, running multiple domains. I
think the jiffies counter wrapped and the kernel could not handle that.
And of course it decided to lock when I was out of town, so I could
not look at the screen.

Ed