Re: FS corruption... some help maybe??

Joel Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:38:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Don Lafontaine VE2UFO wrote:

> > 1) must work with both NT and Linux, in the event that I
> > ever boot to NT again (rare but those damm word files make me do
> > it) not reading then writing them..
> > 2) easy to configure under both Linux and NT
> > 3) 10 to 15 minutes reserve power .. my power just flashes
> > occasionally, but has gone out for several hours
> > 4) if power goes out the system must know that power is
> > gone and shut itself down (apmd? or some dameon)
> > 5) must be SMP friendly (shouldn't make a difference)
> > 6) around $100..

apc backups pro 280 is about the cheapest ups that you'll be able to
control via serial for about $USD 170-180. provided your computer draws
less than 180watts it ought to run for about 10 minutes.

check out:

http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/ups/

for all the software for upses in on linux.

I use smartups 620 which provides about 2.5x the runtime at the same
load our about 400watts for 10 minutes it only costs $USD 100 more or so.

> WOW! Good luck! APS make good UPS's and there are drivers for Linux, but
> hell if you can find one for $100 you're lucky.
>

> -

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E