Re: Intel Xpress Server - IO APIC trouble - Kernel panic: IO APIC + timer doesn't work!

prodigal (sweetheart0@home.com)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:12:31 -0700

Hello James,

I tried the patch you gave me and got a little different error...
the patch did solve the probelm with the bus speed that Marcie picked up on
though.

the message was the same exept the part about the bus speed, it was reported at
33mhz. The IO-APIC said pins 0,2,13 not connected, only said 2 and 13 before,
and the setting up timer as ExtINT said found pin0... then it failed... I am
going to try the patch Marcie sent me next... I figure if the patch she sent me
helps in other areas I may be able to take the little C I know and combine the
2 to make it work... I will report back to the group... but unfotunately I am
in the process of moving and losing my ISP... not sure when I will get back on.

The system is my friends actually and when I get it back to his house I can
re-subscribe to the list...

thank you for the help...

Joe Modjeski