Re: GPF, Oops on system halt

Thomas Molina (tmolina@home.com)
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 10:52:06 -0500 (CDT)

I suppose it could be a processor-specific thing, but I'm leaning
towareds a BIOS/CPU interaction. My system is a K6/350 in a TMC
motherboard which exhibited this problem. Walter Hoffman posted a
message to this list awhile back which included an APM patch which
switched the processor to real mode before doing the power down. It
completely solved a similar problem I had.