Re: Problems with missing interrupts (probably my fault)

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:53:40 +0100 (GMT)

On 26 Jul 1999, Harald [ISO-8859-1] Nordgård-Hansen wrote:

> When I poll the device for data (which creates a lot of CPU load),
> it seems to work all right. But when I try to turn on interrupts on
> the underlying parallel port, I seem to get only about 1/4 of the
> interrupts that are supposed to be generated by the device. (Turning
> off the interrupts and polling on bit 6 of the status register works
> nicely, though.)

Since you're getting interrupts at all, presumably it isn't just a
question of bit 4 of CTR being low and disabling interrupts from the port?
port->ops->enable_irq (port) will set it.

By looking at the comments, it looks like you're only getting about 500
interrupts a second, is that right? I wonder how you're timing that.

You could have a wait_queue that the interrupt service routine wakes up,
and then sleep on that in the irq-driven read routine instead of just
doing a schedule. It shouldn't make a difference though..

Tim.
*/