Re: IP Aliasing in 2.2.x (bug?)

Rob Lesan (lesan.1@osu.edu)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:32:54 -0400

We are having the exact same problem with our web server. Running
Redhat 6.0, kernel 2.2.10. The only difference is that we didn't use
linuxconf to configure our aliases, we just wrote the following script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
# -*- Perl -*-

$min = 10;
$max = 199;

for ( $i = $min; $i <= $max; $i++) {
system("/sbin/ifconfig eth0:$i 209.50.110.$i");
system("/sbin/route add -host 209.50.110.$i dev eth0:$i");
}

Same setup worked with 2.0.34 for at least the last year.

-Rob

--
"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
	--Unknown