Re: P2 & P3 dual-CPU?

M.Brands (shrike@il.fontys.nl)
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 02:12:56 +0200

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 05:04:16PM -0700, Joel Jaeggli allegedly wrote:
> Discontinued, but not gone, you should still be able to get one in the
> retail channel...
>
> insight.com still has 50 odd sitting around under part no IT991422
>
> necx.com appears to have them in stock I'm sure the list goes on.

Everything seems to be running stable with a Celeron 300 and a Celeron
333 in the same system. Just compiled a kernel (with make -j5 in the
makefile) and I had rc5 running at the same time. Linux seems to be
ok with it (don't have NT anymore).

If you can still get P2-400's, you shouldn't be messing with a P2-450
(or whatever). On the other hand, Intel specifies that both CPU's should
have the same spec number, which will be almost impossible by now...

It's kinda funny that the two CPU's have different bogomips ratings ;)
I wonder if a P2 and a Celeron on the same motherboard would work...

Mathijs