NFS V3-Protocol Someone working on it?

Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 15:37:06 +0200 (MET DST)

> Hello, as I discovered the NFS-Version 3 isn't yet
> implemented. I wanted to ask if someone works on it. I begun
> myself to modify the mount-command, so that it can do
> NFS-Mount-V3. This works already, but is since now an ugly
> hack. I will beautify it and wanted to implement NFS-V3 to the
> kernel.

> If someone already works on the implementation, I would be glad
> to join him. As I don't have very much spare-time I can mostly
> work on weekends, so that the implementation would last a long
> time. But if nobody is writing code for nfs-v3 I would do it.

> I also discovered that the implementation of nfs-v2 was done
> "by hand". Is there a cause why you don't use rpcgen? I found
> it usefull to change the mount to nfs-v3.

There is a patch for an NFSv3 client that works on
http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src

The modified 'mount' command (and patches) are to be found under

http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/nfsv3-mount

Please note that I'm in the process of thinking of a redesign of the
code for handling asynchronous write requests (and probably too the
code for handling large rsize), since I gather Linus isn't too happy
with it. Anybody who would like to contribute ideas/code etc are quite
welcome to do so...

Cheers,
Trond