Re: Linux FS problems 2.2.10

Robert M. Hyatt (hyatt@cis.uab.edu)
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 18:35:48 -0500 (CDT)

I'm interested too... 2.2.10 is all that we are using. We have two
large file servers, using a raid0 (software) partition made up of 4
4.3 gig scsi drives, but we have been running this for a long while
and have seen no problems of any kind, using knfsd and the whole 9
yards...

I did turn off a couple of the "PARANOIA" switches in the nfs source
to reduce the size of our /var/log/messages file, but we haven't seen
a thing.

My quad xeon had 5 9.2 gig ultra-2 scsi drives and gets beat to death
all the time with lots of file I/O, 400% cpu busy, etc.. and I haven't
had any file corruption at all...

Robert Hyatt Computer and Information Sciences
hyatt@cis.uab.edu University of Alabama at Birmingham
(205) 934-2213 115A Campbell Hall, UAB Station
(205) 934-5473 FAX Birmingham, AL 35294-1170