Re: Linux FS problems 2.2.10

Matthew Wilcox (Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com)
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 13:38:28 +0200

On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 12:01:42PM +0100, Neil Conway wrote:
> Can you please be a bit more specific - I had kind of thought that the
> problems were still in the "possibly broken hardware, but getting
> suspicious" variety.

Alan turned on slab poisoning for the later 2.2.10ac releases. This
caught several bugs where memory was being accessed after it had been
freed. This is the sort of thing which will cause occasional problems.
Those bugs weren't introduced recently, so reverting to an earlier kernel
won't help.

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of