Re: patch-2.2.10-ac12

Michal Jaegermann (michal@ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca)
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:16:25 -0600 (MDT)

Aaron Tiensivu wrote:

> > The -ac patch is only aimed at x86. Various folks feed me alpha
> > patches for it as well as pre11. For non x86 architectures pre11 is
> > the only one that is (hopefully) working
>
> -ac12 works fine under Alpha..

Indeed. With this caveats that
- on UX one has to reverse core_pyxis.{c,h} changes or your disk
controller will be mapped outside of an available window (which
is only 1 GB no matter what you do). This is not the case with
other PYXIS machines; at least not with LX
- via-rhine driver has to have VIA_USE_IO defined or it will not work
- with NCR controller you better use sym53c8xx - 1.5d driver, plus
possibly "extra read for a broken PCI" mods posted on this list
or Gerard Roudier will hit the roof. :-)

Other than that this indeed works just great and some patches fixing
vfork troubles **are** included among other things.

Michal