Re: NFS client caching problems in 2.2.x (and proposal)

Frank van Maarseveen (fvm@tasking.nl)
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:36:19 +0200

On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 01:54:00PM +0200, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> What's wrong with using mount -o remount,foo=bar to change the things
> you want?
Interesting, I didn't know that was possible already. However,
have you actually tried it for NFS?

I tried it on 2.2.11-pre4 and afterwards the "mount" shows all
kinds of duplicate options: this makes me very suspicious about the
information. Also, cat /proc/mounts does _not_ show the newly added NFS
mount option. A first test seem to indicate that it doesn't work
for acreggmin but this is not conclusive.

Still I think that a /proc/sys/nfs may be useful for NFS options
outside the list of the de-facto standard options: you don't want
to update mount(2), mount(8) and the man pages for some exotic
NFS fine tuning option.

--
Frank