Re: 2.2.10-ac<x> / 2.2.11-pre<x> NFS client problem & bugfix

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 09:30:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Frank van Maarseveen wrote:

> What do you think of disabling negative dentry caching entirely
> when acregmin is set to zero? Other UNIXes don't cache them at all,
> at least not by default:
>
> OSF1 V4.0 alpha (NFS v3)
> SunOS 4.x
> Solaris 5.5.2 (NFS v3)
> Solaris 5.7 (NFS v3)
> Ultrix 4.4 RISC
> HP-UX B.10.20

Frank, Trond,

Just to avoid confusing the masses (among which I count myself), can you
clarify whether this problem exists in stock 2.2.10 or Alan's
proposed-2.2.11-* patches? From a quick read of nfs/dir.c, it does not
appear that nfs_renew_times() is being called on "goto out_valid".

May I assume that this discussion is particular to -acXX and/or the NFS3
patches?

Steve