Re: Power PC kernel bugs

Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 06:03:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, Matthew Wilcox wrote:

>> What kernel bugs (if any) exist in the PPC arch code? Is there
>> any resource for this information available? Any security
>> related info that pertains to the PPC kernel?
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>This request for information would of course be entirely unrelated to
>the Crack LinuxPPC competition? (http://www.linuxppc.com/crack/)

Huh? What is that about?

I'm concerned with security issues pertaining to architectures
other than Intel, as it is the most widely tested. Particularly
I'm looking for information for PPC and MIPS architectures, as
those are the ones at my disposal right now (besides of course
Intel).

I've allready dug up a few resources the good old fashioned way,
but I'd like pointers to other ones, preferably specific to PPC
and MIPS arch's.

I'm going to go check out that URL you mentioned now. Thanks, I
hope it helps me out. TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                   Linux advocate      GNU advocate
Computer Consultant                          Open Source advocate

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot...