Re: no driver change for 2.4?

Paul Slootman (paul@wau.mis.ah.nl)
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 17:16:22 +0200

On Mon 09 Aug 1999, Christer Weinigel wrote:

> One thing I would like to see though is a stable and an unstable
> version of the ISDN code. Right now there is just one tree for the
> 2.2 kernels, I'd like to see one tree which only gets bugfixes, no new

This is one of the things that was talked about (and agreed upon) at the
last developers' meeting. First priority was to make one version that
would work on all the kernel versions (to prevent the different trees
getting out of sync). That's been done now; the next step is getting the
current state into the kernel :-) Once that's been done, I'm guessing
the "stable" and "unstable" trees will be created (when Fritz Elfert
gets the time...).

> features. Since I have access to some equipment to perform the TBR3
> certifications I could volunteer to check that the any changes won't
> break the conformance tests. I don't know if that's enough to keep
> the telecos happy but it probably would not be a bad thing to do.

I think that would be great. I hope Karsten Keil will have time soon to
respond to you himself; he's the one which which such things should be
coordinated IMHO.

Paul Slootman

--
home:   paul@wurtel.demon.nl    http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/