Re: 2.3.12 - klogd 100% CPU && Bogus Buffer memory count

Mofeed Shahin (shahin@labf.org)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 18:45:01 +0930 (CST)

Well Chuck, I have just tried using the same cd again and yes it is
reproducable.
As soon as I get one of these :

Aug 10 18:16:26 tt2 kernel: attempt to access beyond end of device
Aug 10 18:16:26 tt2 kernel: 0b:00, want=532574, limit=532572

klogd starts using 100% CPU.

So it looks like the race condition is in the cdrom layer.

Anything else I can do to try find this bug, I will be happy to do.

Cheers Mof.