Re: kernel I2C and video cards? (was ... I2O ...)

Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@pobox.com)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:23:18 -0400

"Petr Vandrovec Ing. VTEI" wrote:
> Also, DDC[123] protocol is not available for free from VESA and I do not

Yeah. It isn't even available to the XFree86 project privately AFAIK.
:( There is some generic DDC code in XFree86 3.x.

> And because of feature freeze is going to happen soon, I have question
> (I did not ask on simmons i2c forum yet) - should I base it on Simmons
> I2C or on current kernel I2C implementation (kernel I2C does not
> provide start-send_x_bytes-start-recv_y_bytes-stop currently :-( And
> some monitors do not work with another sequence (x=2, y=128)?

I like Simmons I2C better but I guess you have to wait if his I2C
doesn't make it into the 2.3.x kernel.

Jeff

--
Entropy requires no maintenance.