RE: Mount

WANG,YIDING (yiding_wang@am.exch.hp.com)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:19:23 -0600

Here is a script you can use to convert all file name:

1, upper2lower:
for file in `ls`
do
newname=`echo $file | tr "[A-Z] "[a-z]"
mv $file $newname
done

2, lower2upper:
for file in `ls`
do
newname=`echo $file | tr "[a-z] "[A-Z]"
mv $file $newname
done

-eddie
-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Mutz [mailto:Marc@Mutz.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 1999 2:35 PM
To: Jonathan Masters
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu; linux-admin@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: Mount

Jonathan Masters wrote:

> Hi,
> I've just received a cd which is written in the standard iso9660
> format. However the stupid author, wrote some of the file names (in his
> html) in upper case and some in lower case. Since the majority are in
> upper case and since linux seems to mount the device by default so that
> files appear in lower case, I must ask - how do I mount a cdrom such
> that all files appear as upper case rather than lower case. Thanks. (The
> CD has 1000s of small files which are linked to so it isn't realistic to
> fix by hand - there must be an easier way anyway.... Thanks again.
>
> Oh, one more while I'm here, I tried putting an rc6 ext2fs on a cd but
> it simply refuses to mount (yes I did create the image correctly and
> pass mount the right options). Any ideas? <interrupted>

Have you tried the following:
#setup
losetup -e rc6 /dev/loop0 /dev/cdrom
mke2fs /dev/loop0
losetup -d /dev/loop0
#mounting
mount -t ext2 /dev/cdrom /mnt/crypto-cd -o loop,encryption=rc6

or did you something different?

> I'm also waiting for the li
> patch for 2.2.11
You don't need to :-)
patch-int-2.2.10-4 applies fairly cleanly to 2.2.11. Just on reject for
loop.c that can be most easily done by hand (just remove the lines
marked with '-' in drivers/block/loop.c.rej and add lines marked with
'+' to loop.c)

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>                    http://marc.mutz.com/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's: 0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)