Re: [Fwd: hdd & sound]

Jonathan Masters (mastersj@periscope-systems.freeserve.co.uk)
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:48:24 +0100

On freshmeat.net get the SMART disc utils. Run them to test your hdd. I have a very
similar problem which occurs when I attempt to activate UDMA on my second hdd. I have
two FUJITSUs, one 6.4, one 10.8. The 6.4 uses UDMA 2 and works fine, but the 10.8 uses
UDMA 4 and doesn't can someone help me with this as my older 6.4 has a 12Mb/sec access
and my 10.8 has 5Mb/sec and it's brand new!!!!