Re: 2.3.12 processes reading proc stuck in D state

Richard Lyons (rick@powerup.com.au)
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:37:27 +1000 (EST)

I have seen this too, after a few hours of high load burn-in on an SMP
box. Two processes that are part of a two different pipe commands (the
use of pipes is the only common factor I have been able to establish)
block in a D state, and top/ps hang when they open /proc/<pid>/stat of the
blocked processes. As you note, normal I/O is not affected. I'll try .13
this afternoon and see if it makes a difference.