Re: scsi_reset requirement questions

Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:40:28 -0400

Alan Cox wrote:

> > Huh? Explain please. When Linus and myself updated the various SCSI drivers
> > we took this into account. Most of the drivers never did a damn thing in the
>
> I think they are from fixes to SMP errors made during the 2.1.x fast update
> where people also 'overfixed' reset

It's entirely possible.

> > reset routines, so those were easy:
> >
> > return(SCSI_RESET_SNOOZE);
> >
> > But in the other cases, we tried to make sure things were done right. What
> > exactly are you referring to?
>
> eata_dma is broken
> aha152x is broken
>
> (and both are now fixed). Aha152x at least is a bug introduced when the driver
> was overhauled to fix the errors introduced in the "quick fix" phase during
> 2.1.x. Unfortunately aha152x has no maintainer and Adaptec don't seem to want
> to be helpful on getting more copies of the docs out.

That's because the 152x driver is A) gross and B) I didn't have the time to
decipher it back then and C) Adaptec doesn't have the docs any more because
they quit printing them and all their hardcopies are gone.

--
  Doug Ledford   <dledford@redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but