Re: 2.3.12 processes reading proc stuck in D state

craig@zen.co.za
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 08:06:18 +0200

On Sun, Aug 15, 1999 at 03:53:16AM -0700, David Ford wrote:
> I haven't had a chance to really get into it, but here's what I've found.
>
> It -only- happens on one machine I have, it's a p166.
>
> The process gets stuck reading /proc in the following:
>
> ide_pci_chipsets, and iirc, had something to do with WCHAN being something
> close to: wait_on_buffer
>
> I don't have a vmlinux kernel on this machine so I can't get more exact details
> yet. (compiling)
>
> However, it's still in 2.3.13 and pre14-1

OK, thanks for the info. My machine has been happy since 2.3.13 and
I only saw it once on 2.3.12 - it appears to be rather hard to reproduce
for me ... I've had about 2 other mails saying people have seen this
btw.

Cheers,

--Craig