Re: scsi_reset requirement questions

Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 00:01:22 -0400

David Hinds wrote:

> > That's because the 152x driver is A) gross and B) I didn't have the
> > time to decipher it back then and C) Adaptec doesn't have the docs
> > any more because they quit printing them and all their hardcopies
> > are gone.
>
> I'll bet they still have specs, maybe under a different part number...
>
> All of Adaptec's 16-bit PCMCIA adapters use a 152x compatible chipset,
> and I'd be surprised if they had no specs for their current products.

You're talking about all legacy hardware for which the core driver has been
written for ages. They just wrap new kernel interface code around the core
hardware module for those things and I doubt that core code has changed more
than just a few lines in years. There's little reason to keep lots of docs on
that kind of stuff.

--
  Doug Ledford   <dledford@redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but