Re: Anti-SPAM Suggestion...

Stephen Frost (sfrost@ns.snowman.net)
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:27:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Chuck Mead wrote:

> I know that the objective has always been to keep the list "open post" to allow
> bug reports from the world. So aside from applying a high-speed clue stick and
> dropping the 12 ton Lart rock... why not use web forms all over the net which
> post using a valid address? I'd be willing to donate a page and I already have a
> script and I'd be willing to bet that there'd be a few hundred others willing
> to do the same. The list would probably still get a "crap" posting from time to
> time but it would definitely prevent what's happening now.

A better thing (I think) I was thinking about would be to have it so that
only people on the list could post to it, and posts w/ '[lk]' in the subject. Then
if someone posts w/o being on the list (Or part of the digest or whatever), and
the email doesn't have '[lk]' in the Subject coming in, it gets bounced back w/
instructions to plop '[lk]' in the subject and re-submit, and/or it can be
forwarded to some person(s) for manual checking of the message, and they can
resubmit it to the list w/ [lk] in the subject if it looks reasonable...

Stephen