Re: Anti-SPAM Suggestion...

Jordan Mendelson (jordy@wserv.com)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 02:47:22 -0400

Jelle Foks wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Riley Williams wrote:
>
> > Hi Jordan.
> >
> > > A sort of 'half-subscription' option for people who post to
> > > linux-kernel, but don't want to receive linux-kernel email
> > > (people with more than one email address who are already
> > > subscribed on one especially).
> >
> What about people like me, who are on the linux-kernel-digest@vger
> for a reason (idle hangup timeout for the metered internet dialup doesn't
> work very will with a continuous incoming mail stream) and who still
> want to send the occasional mail to lk?

Basially, I see this as the ideal solution, a cross between a subscriber-only
list and an open list. It would require no moderators, and very little work:

If you are a subscriber to the list and you send mail to the list, your mail
is sent without any external intervention.

If you are a registered user of the list and you send mail to the list, your
mail is sent without any external intervention.

If you are not a subscriber and not a registered user of the list and you send
mail, you will receive back a message such a this one:

-- start --