Re: PPP & 2.3.13

Peter Enderborg (pme@ufh.se)
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 12:05:17 +0200

--------------866FBCC626DA5403D6EB73E0

TimO wrote:

> I guess first make sure that you have the release version of
> ppp-2.3.9. Then I suppose do a complete install; including 'make
> kernel' from the ppp src directory and rebuilding the kernel. I realize
> that v2.3.13 supposedly ships with ppp-2.3.9, (heard that somewhere) but
> rebuilding the kernel using the separate source has solved the problem
> for some people. Also make sure that you have ppp & ppp_async
> configured in the kernel if using a modem. If all this checks out and
> it still doesn't work.........surely Paul can help!

I have the same problem. The problem is that diald don't works with the
ppp-2.3.9
to me it looks as diald never catch that pppd has bring up the line. (it
never runns the ip-up script)

> Tim Coleman wrote:
> >
> > [snippage]
> > > Another booger I make; drop the mode (640). ie mknod /dev/ppp c 108 0
> > > Starting pppd is supposed to create the device automatically: I know
> > > that it doesn't for me, but creating it manually gets rid of the 'no
> > > kernel support'.
> >
> > This doesn't work for me. I created the device, and it has permissions
> > u+rw g+r o+r owner=root group=root.
>
> Should wind up as crw-------
>

> > I still get the no kernel support error.
> >
> > I'm not sure if this has anything to do with me using diald, but ppp
> > no longer works in 2.3.13.
> >
> > Tim
>
> -- TimO -- man there's a lot of Tims around!
> --------------------==============++==============--------------------
> For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit
> within him? In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except
> the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the
> Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given
> us.
> -- I Corinthians 2:11,12
>
> -

foo!

--------------866FBCC626DA5403D6EB73E0 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="pme.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Peter Enderborg Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="pme.vcf"

begin:vcard n:Enderborg;Peter x-mozilla-html:FALSE org:; adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet:pme@ufh.se x-mozilla-cpt:;0 fn:Peter Enderborg end:vcard