Re: 2.3.14 and VIA IDE controller (MPV3 boards)

andre@suse.com
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 20:53:14 -0700 (PDT)

FOR THE RECORD::

If the ISA-Bridge revision on any VIA chipset group is not 0x20 or
greater, UDMA is questionable.

I am kludging a test to allow the chipset code to report this info, and
other junk. The variations are based against the fore mentioned bridge.

This chipset needs active tuning if the revision is older than the above;
regardless of the HOST-HOST base.

Lastly there are three or four different ISA-Bridges that define extra
features....This is one of the tougher ones to shake down.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy