Re: Parallel port printing in 2.3.13

Mike (mike@oxlug.org)
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 11:36:09 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, TimO wrote:

> > Since upgrading to 2.3.13, printing is extrememly slow. It looks like the
> > driver is sending some data to the printer, then waiting for ages before
> > sending any more data.
> > Maybe lost interrupts?
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> Sounds like you might be using polling mode(default) for parport_pc.
> Polling mode seems to be VERY slow on some hardware(including mine).

Nope, thats not it. I was using interupt driven because in previous
kernels it sped things up a bit (although not much). Switching to polling
mode makes it work at a reasonable speed.
By slow, I mean 1 page of text took over 3 hours to print.

--
Mike <rickettm@ox.compsoc.net>

Neckties strangle clear thinking. -- Lin Yutang