Re: "invalid character" problem with SMP and 2.3.3 (and newer)

Robert M. Hyatt (hyatt@cis.uab.edu)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:57:38 -0500 (CDT)

why don't we write a 'bot that moderates this mailing list, and when
it sees a bug report from someone with overclocked cpus, it simply
deletes them? :)

This is nonsense. You say "don't comment, it works for you" but
does it _really_?

Overclocking causes more system/program/etc failures than any other
single cause I have seen. And it is a big waste of time trying to
find a bug, only to discover that the cpu is clocked 50% beyond
the Intel spec.

Robert Hyatt Computer and Information Sciences
hyatt@cis.uab.edu University of Alabama at Birmingham
(205) 934-2213 115A Campbell Hall, UAB Station
(205) 934-5473 FAX Birmingham, AL 35294-1170