Re: (vmware module patch included) Re: GCC-2.95.1 posix_types.h and linux 2.2.x , 2.3.x

Binaire (
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 02:24:52 +0000

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 02:18:09 Derek Wildstar wrote:

> I fixed it by adding #define __KERNEL_LOOSE_NAMES to the vmware module
> code, as the attached patch indicates. I already sent vmware the patch
> and they have not responded, so I would hang on to it until they release a
> working module without having to hack on it =)
> -dwild

Well i have already told them a same fixe that include a define in their Makefiles : -D_LOOSE_KERNEL_NAMES

But the problem will recur with other kernel module compiled outside kernel tree like gart for glx project

the body of a message to
Please read the FAQ at