Re: RAID is a matter of availability, not data security

Manuel J. Galan (manolow@step.es)
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:52:21 +0100

--------------5196B02BFD8B7DBB5FF1562A

Rudolf Leitgeb wrote:
> No we seem to be stuck in the "2.3.x is useless" stage and people cry for new
> features in 2.2.x again. Lots of people were ready to tinker around with 2.3,
> when they suddenly broke FAT and many other file systems. Then we had all kinds
> of horror messages of 2.3 kernels that suffered major instabilities here on
> lk-ml. As a result only true hackers and some newbies who didn't know better
> lay their hands on 2.3 kernels, but throrough real world testing only barely
> happens (I haven't read one article here on lk-ml where someone used 2.3.x on a
> big server. There was not one message so far about a DOS attack against 2.3.x
> kernels, IIRC.)
> Rudi

I am afraid that the major drawback that prevents people from using
2.3.x is the FAT breakage...
--------------5196B02BFD8B7DBB5FF1562A

begin:vcard
n:Galan Moreno;Manuel
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:E.T.S. de Arquitectura (ULPGC);Matematicas
version:2.1
email;internet:manolow@step.es
x-mozilla-cpt:;1056
fn:Manuel Galan Moreno