Re: RAID0145 on 2.2.11

G.W. Wettstein (greg@wind.enjellic.com)
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:52:50 -0500

On Aug 24, 5:13pm, Alexandre Hautequest wrote:
} Subject: RAID0145 on 2.2.11

> Hi all.

Good morning to Alexandre and everyone else.

> I canīt apply the 2.2.10 raid patches and apply the diff to 2.2.11. Got
> many failed patches and error in init/main.c. I need to wait a
> specific-version of the patch, is some fix planned to this release, or i
> need to continue w/ 2.2.10?
>
> Thanks in advance.

We are using 2.2.11 in our production machines which all have root,
var and swap running on RAID1 mirrors. When it became apparent that
the RAID code would not be supported in the near future I took the
time to port the RAID code from 2.2.10 into 2.2.11 so that we would
have a clean patch set.

The patch can be accessed at:

ftp://ftp.nodak.edu/pub/linux/ESD/kernel/raid0145-19990724-2.2.11.gz

It should drop very cleanly into a virgin 2.2.11 source distribution.

We are running the code without any problem on a pretty good sized NFS
server fueling a production WEB site for the state university system.
As with anything that sits in main data paths it would be prudent to
test things before entrusting one's data to kernels with this patch in
it.

Good luck and I hope that people find this useful.

Greg

}-- End of excerpt from Alexandre Hautequest

As always,
Dr. G.W. Wettstein Enjellic Systems Development - Specializing
4206 N. 19th Ave. in information infra-structure solutions.
Fargo, ND 58102 WWW: http://www.enjellic.com
Phone: 701-281-1686 EMAIL: greg@enjellic.com