Re: DVD-RAM-Support in CD-ROM driver?

Michael Mess (michael@kawo2.rwth-aachen.de)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 07:13:35 +0200

Hi!

Thank you for the mail.

I tried this patch.

But it doesnīt seem to work for me.
I modified the scsi.c file so that the Toshiba SD-W 1101 is recognized.
But then read is ok.
But when I try to write, the drive operates for a long time without
doing anything and then I get "SCSI command aborted due to timeout.
Resetting SCSI bus..."
And then my computer tries to reset the SCSI bus all the time and it is
not possible to shut down the computer in a normal manner. :-(
Then I even have to turn off the computer (the RESET button doesnīt
help, if I use it, the DVD-RAM isnīt recognized on boot.

Greetings, Michael