Re: Ultra DMA/66

Pete Toscano (ptoscano@internic.net)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:22:10 -0400

--m+utxuhC6KVTvgNz

does this mean that it won't work if you use the "pci=3Dreverse"? my only
ide drive hangs off a promise ultra66 card and i've gotten the board=20
(an asus p2b-d) to boot off of it... i guess the pci=3Dreverse stuff doesn't
really matter if you just setup the fstab correctly, eh?

oh, is the command to "turn on" dma/66 "idex=3Dultra66"? i think i did
something wrong because everytime i boot, i get some complaint about
"wrong kernel option" (i'm not sure what it is exactly -- it's my home
machine and i'm at work now) and the drive looks like it's in pio mode.

btw, am i correct in that your dma/66 patch was not merged into 2.2.12?

thanks,
pete

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Andre Hedrick wrote:

>=20
> Yes, but you only get the primary channel or IDE3.
> Also there appears to be a timing quirk that just popped up about two
> weeks ago with several of the high end drives. I know that it works with
> them, it is just the final tinkering/setup of the 4 misc-registers are
> needed.
>=20
> Andre Hedrick
> The Linux IDE guy
>=20
> On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Sean King wrote:
>=20
> > I was wondering if anbody knows if the new linux kernel supports Ultra
> > DMA/66. I am using the Abit BE6 motherboard that has a built-in Ultra
> > DMA/66 pci card. I am having problems getting it to work under linux.
> >=20
> > Thanks
> >=20

--=20
Pete Toscano h:sigsegv@psinet.com w:ptoscano@internic.net
GPG fingerprint: AE5C 18E4 D069 76D3 9B9C D226 D86A 522F 446C 767A

--m+utxuhC6KVTvgNz

--m+utxuhC6KVTvgNz--