Re: 2.2.11 ppp slowdown && issues

Karl Peterson (kpeterson@thetpa.com)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:35:49 +0000

Joe wrote:

> I also noticed that the following is getting written to my log
> files something like: (if you need the exact message I can send
> that to you, but I am not on that computer right now)

Not necessary, I know exactly what you're talking about. :)

> ppp<->modem connect
>
> could not load requested module ppp-compress-21
> could not load requested moduleppp-compress-26
> could not load requested moduleppp-compress-24
>
> then the IP addresses show here 207.x.x.x

I get similiar messages (something like "can't locate module
ppp-compress-xx" I'm at work, so I don't have access to my logfiles at
home) This is odd because I believe I have every option for ppp enabled
(as modules). Perhaps the kernel makefile is broken? <shrug> I'll be
taking a copy of 2.2.12 home (the joys of a corporate T1 and a Zip
drive, I can download even if ppp at home gets broken) and carefully
check the kernel .config