Re: problem in compiling /linux/arch/i386/kernel/io_apic.c

Rui Sousa (rsousa@grad.physics.sunysb.edu)
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 02:20:09 -0400

Anil Kumar S R wrote:

> Hi,
> I am not able to compile io_apic.c file .
>
> The Linux kernel version is 2.2.5-22
> The procedure I followed to compile is :
>
> I included the CONFIG_X86_IO_APIC which I found in
> /linux/arch/i386/kernel/Makefile in /usr/src/linux/.config and
> in /linux/include/linux/autoconf.h
>
> I did a make depend
> Then I did make bzImage
> This started giving errors as :
> io_apic.c : In function `find_irq_entry':
> io_apic.c : 278 : invalid use of undefined type `struct
> mpc_config_intsrc'
>
> io_apic.c : At top level:
> io_apic.c : 98 : sorage of `mp_irq' isnt't known
>
> can some please help me out.

You should configure the kernel with "make menuconfig"
and then enable SMP. Then do the make dep, etc.

But first you should backout the changes you made.

Also I hope you have a SMP (Dual Processor) motherboard
otherwise you can't use IOAPIC.

Rui Sousa