Re: Subject: [IDE] hdc: status error: status = 0x58

Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 00:30:27 -0700 (PDT)

That is because there is no PIO mode support in the chipset code.
As chipsets have evolved, they now require discrete values in a register
to set the transfer rates. Nothing like the good old days of PIIXx that
did not care.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999, Vince Weaver wrote:

> >(A.S. I tried to write to hedrick@astro.dyer.vanderbilt.edu, but the mail
> > bumped back to me :-( )

Oh, he and I are one in the same.