Re: idea: MAC level compression & crypto

Elmer Joandi (elmer@ylenurme.ee)
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 00:10:34 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 28 Aug 1999, Tymm Twillman wrote:
> Does this apply even if they aren't "for" crypto, but just happen to be
> good places for crypto code to latch on to? How is it decided? I mean,
> couldn't a call to main() be considered a crypto hook?

good idea ...

general memory block transformation routines :)
just like C++ STL generic algorithm applying interface ...

struct transformation_module{
};
struct transformation_applying_point{
};
struct transformation_applying_ruleset{
};
transform(skb,transformation_algo,transformation_data);
if (device_output_queue->transformations_list)
apply_transformations (
TRANSFORM_SKB_AT_DEVICE_OUTPUT_QUEUE,
(void*)skb,
device_output_queue->transformations_list );

for justification, there could be an reference rot13 transformation
module :)
or even more innocent - byteorder swaping transformation :)

I feel I am been missing possibility for rot13 transformation of all IP
packets for longer.

elmer.