Re: 2.2, es1370, stereo, 8bit

Thomas Sailer (sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 13:03:34 +0200

Wakko Warner wrote:

> Someone posted about a file that when played through his es1370 would come
> out with static. I believe I can make it more clear. (Sorry I forgot who
> you were)

Just for completeness, which program did you use to play the WAV file?

I could reproduce your problem with sox.

The problem is however that I have no clue why this happens.
The driver seems to set the serial control word of the chip
correctly (that's where the sample format is specified),
also there is no special case code for 8bit stereo in the
driver.

There are two fields in the serial control word
called P2_ST_INC and P2_END_INC which I never understood
and quite possibly not setting correctly. I played with these,
but that didn't seem to make any difference. So I'm
out of ideas.

Tom