Re: 2.3.15 hangs - ISDN related?

Karsten Keil (kkeil@suse.de)
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:38:43 +0200

On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 12:06:39AM +0100, Paul Flinders wrote:

> I applied your patch but it still hangs. Actually it got "worse"
> because it doesn't boot now whereas it waited until I tried to bring
> up a connection before.
>
> There's no OOPS, just a hang.
>
> I'm not (intentionally) using the ttyI<nn> interface
I looked at your config and see that you include isdn direct in kernel and
HiSax as module. Please try isdn as module too.
If the kernel boots then, it is clear that the problem is located anywhere
in isdn.o. If the module loads OK, it will be a sign that it have to do with
the init code of isdn, but I tested direct isdn kernel with the 2.3.15 code
(but allways isdn + hisax in kernel not mix module/kernel).

Karsten